Lochanilaun

JMW Turner, The Blue Rigi, Sunrise , 1842 



While not a part of the book, the mood of this poem fits very well. (I have written music for it and may include it on the album).

Danny Kirwan, the Fleetwood Mac guitarist that recently died, adapted the Young poem "Dust", which was on the album "Bare Trees."

"Francis Brett Young, who is a novelist as well as a poet, and who has been called, by The Manchester Guardian, "one of the promising evangelists of contemporary poetry," has written much that is both graceful and grave. There is music and a message in his lines that seem to have as their motto: "Trust in the true and fiery spirit of Man." Best known as a writer of prose, his most prominent works are Marching on Tanga and The Crescent Moon." http://www.bartleby.com/103/152.html

This is the image of my last content:
My soul shall be a little lonely lake,
So hidden that no shadow of man may break
The folding of its mountain battlement;

Only the beautiful and innocent
Whiteness of sea-born cloud drooping to shake
Cool rain upon the reed-beds, or the wake
Of churned cloud in a howling wind's descent.

For there shall be no terror in the night
When stars that I have loved are born in me,
And cloudy darkness I will hold most fair;

But this shall be the end of my delight
That you, my lovely one, may stoop and see
Your image in the mirrored beauty there.

Comments

Popular Posts